Deep tissue Laser Therapy
What is Deep Tissue Laser Therapy?
LASER is the acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Energy Radiation. There are many different types of lasers, each being used for different purposes. Therapeutic Laser is a non-thermal laser which produces low level energy in a non-destructive in nature. Laser therapy has been used around the world for the last 30 years. Deep tissue laser is the latest advancement of calss 4 laser with 15 watt of power.It is FDA approved and studies have been well documented for wound healing, nerve regeneration and pain management. Many scientific studies have shown its healing powers and affect on living tissue..
This is a safe, non-invasive, sterile and painless treatment and, if correctly used, has no side effects. It is the only true healing modality which promotes progressive tissue healing. Acute or chronic conditions/ injuries respond to deep tissue laser well in 1 to 3 treatments, chronic conditions may need 9 to 12 visits. Laser is safe to use on children and over metal implants/prosthesis.
CONDITIONS WE TREAT WITH LASER
• Achilles tendon tears and heel spurs
• Back, hip and neck pain
• Carpal tunnel syndrome
• Degenerated or herniated discs
• Fractures (Non healing)
• Nerve injuries
• Shoulder pain/ rotator cuff injuries (we use other unique technique)
• Tennis elbow
• Torn or overstretched ligaments and tendons
• Torn cartilage
• TMJ dysfunction
• Wound healing
PHYSIOLOGICAL AFFECT OF COLD LASER THERAPY
• Decreases pain and muscle spasms
• Decreases inflammation
• Increases overall circulation as well as microcirculation to hypoxic areas
• Increases oxygenation utilization
• Increases procollagen synthesis
• Increases immunological response
• Stimulates DNA replication and cell division accelerating healing
• Stimulates activity of nerve cells
• Increases lymphatic movement and drainage
• Stimulates proper organ function
• Increases permeability of cell membranes for better nutrient/waste exchange
• Increases mitochondria production of ATP (power house of the cell) which help muscles to relax
WHAT I CAN EXPECT FROM LASER THERAPY
This is a painless procedure where most patients feel nothing more than pressure. Some patients (3-5% of those undergoing laser therapies) have reported a slight tingling or tapping in a nerve or along a nerve pathway or a sensation of warmth, this is secondary to reflex vasodilatations. Treatment time varies depending upon areas being treated and conditions.
In acute conditions patients usually see result in the first visit following a laser therapy session, approximately 75-80% of patients being treated can notice an immediate improvement in their condition. This will depend primarily on the type of condition and the length of time the condition has been present. In more chronic conditions it may take up to 12 visits or more.
Laser is applied directly over the treatment area over the skin and the patient will feel only the pressure of the probe.
We never use laser by itself. We provide laser as a part of an overall highly specialized individualized treatment program. After evaluation we decide if you will benefit from laser therapy, otherwise we may use other modalities that are better suited for your condition.
IS LASER THERAPY COVERED BY INSURANCE?
It is not covered by insurance , you have the option to pay privately just for the laser therapy, there are also payment plans available. For other services we can bill it to your insurance company. We use only effective treatment methods and our number-of-visits per diagnosis is below the national average.